[ic] IDE for IC

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Mon Feb 11 22:10:24 EST 2008

> Rick Bragg
>
> I'm interested in peoples thoughts and experiences on IDE's for
> Interchange.
> Here are a couple of questions that I hope spark some activity.
>
> As an IC developer:
>
> What os/distro do you use for IC server?

RHEL, and now possibly Gentoo

> What os/distro do you use for personal (laptop)?

Vista of course, and it is a desktop.

> What IDE('s) do you use for development?

vi

>   Other thoughts on developing IC applications?

1. Have a DEV site for every production site with similar setups.

2. Use something like Microsoft OneNote for project and code management
   *OneNote has increased our productivity 10 fold
   *I looked at other OSS types, but non compared.

3. Use a service like this from time to time for testing:
   http://www.browsercam.com/Default2.aspx

Paul Jordan
  Gish Network
  For Print, Web, and Life