[ic] Sessions in PostgreSQL

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Feb 12 06:15:58 EST 2008

On 02/12/2008 02:50 AM, Doug Whiteley wrote:
> This is just a heads-up for anyone in the same situation really.
>
> I was looking at moving sessions into a postgresql database, and
> everything worked fine apart from the last_accessed column not being
> updated automatically. To get that working, you need to add a trigger,

Keeping in mind here that there is no support in IC for a last_accessed
column at all.  In fact, IC will not use such a column at all even if it
is kept up to date with triggers or whatever.  It wouldn't be a bad idea
to add one so IC can tell when a db session has expired, though.  It
would not be difficult to add such a feature to IC, though, if there's
enough demand for it.  A new SessionDbExpireField (or something like
that) directive should take care of it (with corresponding code in
SessionDB.pm).

Peter