[ic] Self serve terminal

Adrian Mandy adrian at weelife.com
Wed Feb 27 17:22:34 EST 2008

I am looking to set up an in-store self serve pos system. Interchange
looks like it has most of the features I need.

Has anybody done anything like this? The system doesn't need to be too
bullet proof initially, as it's a private co-op that is already self
serve and on an honour system, so we trust our members. The current
system is paper based and involves a lot of re-keying of data.

I want to use a barcode scanner to enter items for purchase and to
scan the membership card of the purchaser.

Eventually the system will be used for online ordering as well.

Anybody done anything like this? Any ideas?

I suppose I'll have to roll up my sleeves learn perl and start
building forms for this, just don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Adrian.