[ic] Standard catalog Customer Entrance or Admin Interface ="Interchange not available"

Curt Hauge ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Thu Feb 28 22:10:36 EST 2008

helpinghand at gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
[snip stuff]

> When I point my browser at (local.server.name)/standard, I get an
> Interchange panel that has the store name I specified, and links to
> Customer Entrance at (local.server.name)/cgi-bin/standard/index.html,
> and to Admin Interface at
> (local.server.name)/cgi-bin/standard/admin/index.html.  Clicking on
> either of these links just makes the browser (Firefox 2.0.0.12) spin
> server may not be running" message.  However, I know Interchange is
> running, because
>
> [root at localhost interchange]# ps -ef | grep "interch"
> interch  31820     1  0 16:58 ?        00:00:00 interchange
> interch  31882 28934  0 17:03 ?        00:00:00 /var/www/cgi-bin/standard
> root     31885 31677  0 17:04 pts/3    00:00:00 grep interch
>
> Any idea what I should be looking at to figure out what the problem
> is?  Is there any other diagnostic I can turn on, since error.log and
> /tmp/icdebug seem to think things are peachy?  Thanks for any
> suggestions.

I have seen a similar problem which was resolved by adding this in
interchange.cfg:

AutoVariable Windows LockType
SocketPerms 0666

I have also seen a similar problem when Interchange can find the cgi-bin,
but your catalog can't. Check your variables.txt in CATROOT/products to be
sure your cgi-bin path is correct.

I'm not sure I can help much more than that. Anybody else?

Good luck!

Curt