[ic] Interchange as a GnuPG toolkit?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Feb 29 10:54:59 EST 2008

Quoting Jordan M. Adler (jordan at endpoint.com):
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 7:39:00 -0500
> <jkorkin at safedatatech.com> wrote:
> > Contact me off list and I can give you a few pointers.
> >
> > Jason
>
> Why off-list?  Why not let future Interchange developers benefit from
> the mailing list archives containing your pointers?

True. Also, there is an existing "encrypt" filter:

# Copyright 2002-2007 Interchange Development Group and others
# Copyright 1996-2002 Red Hat, Inc.
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.  See the LICENSE file for details.
#
# $Id: encrypt.filter,v 1.5 2007/03/30 23:40:44 pajamian Exp $

CodeDef encrypt Filter
CodeDef encrypt Description PGP encrypt
CodeDef encrypt Routine <<EOR
sub {
	my ($val, $tag, $key) = @_;
	return Vend::Order::pgp_encrypt($val, $key);
}
EOR

That should allow you to encrypt inline and return the value. (I believe
we do it in ASCII-armored mode by default.) But it wouldn't be bad to
have a tag that encrypted files.

--
Mike Heins

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.