[ic] Re: Standard catalog Customer Entrance or Admin Interface = "Interchange not available"

New ICuser helpinghand at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:16:58 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:54 AM, David Christensen <david at endpoint.com> wrote:
>  One quick way of verifying the connection would be to issue the
>  following commands:
>
>  # lsof -Uu interchange

That command returns "Can't get UID for Interchange."

# lsof -Uu interch returns a long list, but the bit I assume is most
significant is

COMMAND     PID      USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE     SIZE    NODE NAME
interchan 32063 interch    7u  unix 0xde6e4080           140643
/usr/local/interchange/etc/socket.ipc
interchan 32063 interch    8u  unix 0xde6e4a80           140645
/usr/local/interchange/etc/socket

I assume the command is really "interchange," and is being truncated
to 9 characters by this command.  The user is interch, as I (perhaps
wrongly) expect.  The type is unix, and I'm assuming (again) that this
is one instance in which case doesn't matter.  The PID is the same one
that's showing up for Interchange in a current ps command.

>  # strings /var/www/cgi-bin/standard | grep socket
>
>  If the returned paths do not match, then your vlink script is
>  incorrectly configured.  You will have to build a new vlink script
>  with the same socket location that IC is expecting.

This command doesn't return any paths on my system; all I get is
socket
Could not open socket

It sounds like you're saying this means I'll have to build a new vlink
script, and I'll be looking into the documentation that tells me how
to do that (maybe it involves another full makecat run).

I really appreciate everyone's assistance.  I'm learning a lot,
whether it gets me over this immediate hump or not.