[ic] Re: Standard catalog Customer Entrance or Admin Interface = "Interchange not available"

New ICuser helpinghand at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 17:07:12 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Gert van der Spoel <gert at 3edge.com> wrote:
>  So apparently you get [SELinux] by default, courtesy of Fedora.

Well, thanks Fedora.

I suppose those of us too clueless to know what SELinux is probably
should be protected from ourselves, so I can't fault the folks at
Fedora.

For anyone similarly clueless who stumbles on this thread, if you
issue a "locate selinux" command and get back a boatload of hits ...
"You might be running SELinux."

I edited /etc/selinux/config, changed SELINUX=enforcing to
SELINUX=disabled, and rebooted the machine.  Having tried almost
everything else, I really had high hopes that this was going to
magically resolve the problem, but sadly it did not.

My failure happens much more quickly now, though; instead of waiting
minutes, I'm only waiting about 30 seconds for the bad news.  That's
progress!

Thanks again to everyone who's offered suggestions.  I still have a
bit of reading to do before I try rebuilding VLINK, and I may try
going back to UNIX-mode now that SELinux is out of the picture, just
to stay busy in the meantime.