[ic] moving sessions to mysql - no luck

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Tue Jan 15 18:04:25 EST 2008

I'm running 5.4.2 using a (slightly modified) foundation store. As a
first step towards moving to a clustered setup, I'm trying to get my
sessions into mysql.

Based on searching this list, I changed the following in my catalog.cfg.

I commented out the 2 lines below:

ifdef CACHEDIR
#SessionDatabase __CACHEDIR__/session
ScratchDir      __CACHEDIR__/tmp
endif

ifndef CACHEDIR
#SessionDatabase session
ScratchDir      tmp
endif

I added these lines:

SessionDatabase sessions
Variable MYSQL_SESSIONS_YES 1
Variable SESSION_USER myusername
Variable SESSION_PASS mypassword
Variable SESSION_DSN dbi:mysql:mycatalog:localhost

Database  sessions  sessions.txt  __SESSION_DSN__
Database  sessions  USER          __SESSION_USER__
Database  sessions  PASS          __SESSION_PASS__
Database  sessions  COLUMN_DEF    "code=VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
Database  sessions  COLUMN_DEF    "session=TEXT"
Database  sessions  COLUMN_DEF    "sessionlock=VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT ''
NOT NULL"
Database  sessions  COLUMN_DEF    "last_accessed=TIMESTAMP(14)"

I created a table names sessions in my catalog's mysql database (hence
the localhost in SESSION_DSN) with the fields that were sugegsted: code,
session, sessionlock and last_accesed. I restarted IC and IC seems to be
run normally, but no data is appearing in the sessions table. I don't
see much in the error logs either. Can any suggest something I should check?

DB