[ic] OT Google optimisations

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Mon Jan 28 12:44:04 EST 2008

>Will postings on Google Base be visible in normal Google search
>results? And do they improve ranking of pages for the domain?

I think so....

>How about ranking improvements of web pages (not product pages)
>What are the best strategies/techniques to increase page ranking?
>In other words, what could be done besides supplying proper meta
>information and sitemaps?

Just started looking at sitemaps.....
Am considering http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
They have a very inexpensive php program that can be scheduled to run
from a cron job - am looking closely at this - haven't decided.
Sitemaps, Froogle etc are all free to implement via the Google base
interface. Use the term Free at your own risk...lol... Not sure how
much TIME it will take.

I created a couple of sitemaps from the above web site for a couple
simple sites that I maintain, and it worked well - testing to see how
long it takes for Google to add these pages to the index.

Let me know what you come up with.

Steve