[ic] qty bug?

bill_beecham at hotmail.com bill_beecham at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:08:34 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a question that I have not been able to locate in the devgroup
archives and list...

This concerns the qty using IC 5.0.0 with modperl on a linux box running
centos 5

When I go to any category and choose to look at the flypage for that
item I see all the info I should see. If I choose to buy now I then am
taken to my cart and shown that the item I chose has a qty of 1. Now, if
I go back to that same item in flypage and choose buy now again I am
taken to the cart page and shown that there are two separate items
(which is the way it should be) both with a qty of 1. Now the fun part,
if I go back yet again to the same item flypage and this time enter a
qty of 3 and click buy now I am taken to the cart page and shown that
there are now 3 identical items (Providing there are no modifiers set)
but all 3 now have a qty of 3, which is the last qty entered.

My question is this: Is this a bug or am I missing something? I ask
because I will be selling items which will have color, size, model, etc
modifiers and these modifiers will change the price of the item... hence
wanting the separate items to show in the cart. So if I order 1 blue
tshirt small (10.00) and 1 red tshirt xlarge (15.00) and 2 purple tshirt
small (10.00) then everything in the cart gets changed to a qty of 2, or
whatever the last qty is. Doesn't matter what was there before. Does
this when using buylist as well.

Is this supposed to happen? I shouldn't think so, but I could be wrong.

Any help or guidance (except rtfm and search the archives, unless
willing to point to a valid working link) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Beecham