[ic] moving catalog from user-installed IC to server-wide install

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Jan 31 07:28:42 EST 2008

On 01/30/2008 03:22 PM, DB wrote:
>> DB wrote:
>>> I have a catalog running from an IC 5.4.2 installation that lives in
>>> /home/user/interchange
>>>
>>> On the same server I have a separate installation that's running other
>>> catalogs, and it lives in /usr/local/interchage. Although everything
>>> runs fine, it seems silly to have these two separate instances of IC
>>> both running. I'd like to have all catalogs run from the
>>> /usr/local/interchange installation.
>>>
>>> Would moving the catalog from the user's IC to the server-wide IC be as
>>> simple as copying that catalog's line from
>>>
>>> /home/user/interchange/interchange.cfg to
>>> /usr/local/interchange/interchange.cfg ??
>>>
>>> Somehow that seems too simple. Any wisdom would be welcomed.
>>
>> I assume the user running these Interchange installations are identical.
>> In addition what has been posted, you need to exchange the link script
>> to point to the right server instance.
>>
>> Regards
>>           Racke
>
> On the user's IC setup, IC runs as that user, while on the server-wide
> setup IC runs as interch. Is there any way to resolve this or must I
> redo the makecat?

Just make sure the files and directories are readable and writable by
the interch user.  doing something like:
chown -R interch.interch .

...in the catalog directory for the catalog you're moving over should do
the trick.

> Also, I don't quite follow the comment about exchanging the link script.
> Can you elaborate? Thanks!

The vlink script has the location of the socket file for the interchange
server hard-coded into it.  You should copy the vlink script over from
an existing catalog on the server-wide setup to make sure it is pointing
to the correct socket file.

Peter