[ic] display type=country_select sort bug?

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Thu Jul 31 15:21:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 15:01 +0000, Rick Bragg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that the country_select is sorted a bit strange.  First there
> is North America, then Europe, then Asia, then it goes back to Europe,
> it then seems quite un-sorted after that...  Does anybody have one set
> up with clearer sort order?
>
> Thanks
> Rick

I found that the data in the Region field that is the cause.  Instead of
all the "9"'s being set to "Other" as in the past, they are now set to
real region names...  Hmm, I like using the "Other" for simple carts,
but more complex CMS type sites with users from many parts of the world
should display the countries list sorted where they all belong.  Perhaps
a new relational "regions" table?...

Rick

believed to be clean.