[ic] Apply strip filter globally

jimbo jimbo at soundimages.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 11:44:06 UTC 2008

Gert van der Spoel wrote:

>>> Filter  email.*   strip
>>> Filter  text.*    entities

> And I can imagine one wouldn't want to be stripping anything from a search
> query, in case I want to search for ' able', I would not want to have
> returned 'table', 'lable', 'stable' etc ... So not my times that you'd not
> want to strip, but this would be one of them.

Then override it, just as it's done now for any default configuration
setting. I don't like the default interpolate=1 for [filter] so I simply
override it. Big deal. Boo, hoo, hoo. I suspect you can do the same.

> And I'd say it to be catalog specific, not global interchange directive.

Make it global and let individual catalogues override the default.

jimbo
;-)

--
Jim Brewer
Sound Images
E jimbo at soundimages.co.uk
W http://www.soundimages.co.uk/

The information in this email is confidential and the contents are not
to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee, except with their
permission. The opinions expressed represent those of the individual and
not necessarily those of Sound Images. If received in error please
advise the sender and remove from your system.

Sound Images does not guarantee this message, or any attachments, are
free from viruses or other defects.