[ic] nested tmp tags

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Sat Jun 7 21:36:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 15:50 -0700, Peter wrote:
> On 06/06/2008 08:59 AM, tom at readyink.com wrote:
> > I could not find much in the docs about nesting tags. It says [tmp] can
> > not be nested.  I added code to log_transaction with [tmp] that I could
> > not get to work until I saw the whole thing was inside one big tmp.  When
> > I removed that enclosing tmp everything worked.  However I see two other
> > tmp's inside the enclosing tmp in the official distribution that are
> > apparently ok.  I don't have an immediate issue but would like to
> > understand this better, wish I had found better documentationm, and also
> > wish there were a syntax checker for ITL.
> > tom friedel - readyink.com
>
> I have no idea why it works, it's certainly not supposed to.
>
> What you can do with your vars is to use:
> [tmpn interpolate=1] ... [/tmpn]
>
> Peter

>From my understanding:
[tmpn] [/tmpn] means set variable on server only for this page and do
not interpolate anything inside.
[tmp] [/tmp] means set variable on server only for this page and
interpolate all ic code inside.
[set] [/set] means set variable on server for the entire session and do
not interpolate anything inside.
[seti] [/seti] means set variable on server for the entire session and
interpolate all ic code inside.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

hth
rick