[ic] has anyone successfully set up online check acceptance?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sat Jun 14 23:04:04 UTC 2008

On 06/14/2008 06:24 AM, Josh Lavin wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2008, at 1:45 PM, David Etheredge wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it is the older version of interchange that I am using,
>> which does
>> have the option for e-check acceptance, but the online check
>> processing is
>> not working. I have the Authorize module installed and the process
>> succeeds
>> but the processing does not even get to the e-check module.
>>
>> Following is the debug output from order.pm, payment.pm (nothing),
>> authorize.pm(nothing).
>
> You might want to get the latest copy of Authorizenet.pm from CVS on
> icdevgroup.org.

...among other things.  There have been changes made to Payment.pm,
include/checkout/*_payment, ord/checkout, plus probably other pages I
haven't thought of.  I did get online check processing back in the day
of those old versions, but I remember I had to make quite a few changes
as it didn't work properly "out of the box".  I can't recall all the
changes I need to make, but these are some of the problems you'll run into:

Form variable names in ord/checkout don't match the ones expected by the
payment modules for online checking.

Variables aren't passed through to the payment module properly.

You will need to come up with a way for the payment module to
differentiate between a checking transaction and a CC one.

You will need to add the support to the payment module (or swap it out
as Jon suggested).

There are probably more issues, those are just off the top of my head.

Note that if you upgrade to the IC 5.6.0 all those issues have been
resolved, but make note that if you just do a core upgrade you will
still have to make ord/checkout changes and include/checkout/*payment
changes.

Peter