[ic] CartTrigger and final order

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jun 24 15:25:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> one of my clients has one account for each customers. The problem is the
> employees at the customers using the single account simultaneously.
>
> My idea was to mirror the cart contents in a database table, so each of
> the employees basically using the same cart.
>
> Updating the table with CartTrigger is easy to implement, but it doesn't
> fire on finalization of the order.
>
> This looks like a bug or missing feature in CartTrigger. Maybe we should
> add an 'clear' action for that case.

I think that would be a useful feature. The intersection with the delete
trigger would need to be defined, i.e., emptying the cart removes each
cart line effectively, and if I have delete triggers I may expect them to
be fired when the cart is emptied the same as when cart lines are removed
individually.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen