[ic] Addition of CookieExpire

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Jun 25 16:34:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Davor Ocelic wrote:

> Sites like Amazon etc. support 'resuming' your session even after you
> close the browser.
>
> Here's a simple patch that would add this functionality to Interchange.
>
> When you set the new CookieExpire directive in the config file, then
> session cookies are created with expiration date = time() +
> CookieExpire, instead of at the end of session.
>
> This allows you to 'resume' your session in that timeframe. As the date
> in the cookie is not updated after initial cookie creation, the session
> *would* eventually expire (in time() + SessionExpire after session
> creation).

It would be good to have a simple way to do this.

I have done this in the past with an Autoload that calls a globalsub like
this:

     $Vend::Expire = time() + (86400 * 14);  # 2 weeks

$Vend::Expire is already designed to handle this, but there's no
configuration directive for setting it. Should we consider having the
directive set that instead of a new variable?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation