[ic] Pricing Table an % discounts

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Thu May 1 08:19:18 UTC 2008

You can do this by modifying the CommonAdjust setting in your
catalog.cfg like this (untested):

CommonAdjust  :sale_price, ;:price, ;$, :related, ==:options, pricing:q5,q10

Note that once you do that ALL the prices in the pricing table will be
applied as adjustments, and not used as initial prices.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, my common adjust is set to:-

CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price, ;:price, ;$,
==:options

However percent discounts do not work, in the q fields only actual prices
work. I see back in the maillist from 2001 there is a comment that NN.NN%
discounts do not work in the pricing table and a request was made for it to
be fixed, can anyone confirm whether the pricing table should be capable of
accepting an NN.NN% discount?

Looking at Kevins RTFM site on pricing with commonadjust:-

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Price_maintenance_with_CommonAdjust.
html

It seems to indicate that NN.NN% can be used with commonadjust but it
doesn't say whether this would be valid in the pricing table.

I am trying to setup price groups with percentage discounts, if I can't do
this its going to mean manually populating the pricing table with 6000
entries :-(

Thanks,
Andy.