[ic] perl and ubuntu 8.04 AMD64

Marco Mescoli m.mescoli at omnib.it
Fri May 9 13:32:11 UTC 2008

ubuntu 7.10 threaded system perl 5.8.8
--------------------------------------

1) download source perl 5.8.8 and compile unthreaded: compile problem.
STOP
2) install and run interchange 5.4.2 on system threaded perl 5.8.8.
This is not the best solution ... big warning ... drop performance ...
less reliable. NO

As suggest Jon
3) download perl 5.10.0 and compile unthreaded: (make test 99,7% ok)
4) download interchange 5.5.2 but problem on make test:

make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
server/unixmode.......ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........not ok 3

# When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
# mechanism blocking port 8786.

server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
ok 4
link/inetmode.........not ok 5
server/control........The previous Interchange server was not running
and probably
terminated with an error.
not ok 6
not ok 6
6 tests run -- 4/6 failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

Now ? Interchange 5.5.2 on threaded system perl 5.8.8 maybe most
reliable solution ?

Marco Mescoli