[ic] perl and ubuntu 8.04 AMD64

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri May 9 17:18:39 UTC 2008

Quoting Rick Bragg (lists at gmnet.net):

> > > Mumble mumble ... ennglish lunguage is very very so hardest for me, do
> > > you remember "apex" ? (-:
> > > What is SELINUX ? Is it the worse distribution ?
> >
> > SELinux isn't commonly used on Ubuntu. Marco, look in / and if you don't
> > have an selinux directory, I don't think you could be running it.
> >
> > Ubuntu may have AppArmor, but I haven't had trouble with that because I
> > think it's more selectively applied.
> >
> > Also, yesterday I said to Rick:
> >
> > > ./Configure -des -Dlibpth="/usr/local/lib64 /lib64 /usr/lib64"
> >
> > That is actually for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora, which use multilib to allow both
> > 64- and 32-bit libraries without a chroot. On Ubuntu, which is based on
> > Debian, they only use a single lib/ directory, so you should be able to do
> > simply:
> >
> > ./Configure -des
> >
> > As on a 32-bit system.
> >
> > Jon
> >

> Thanks this is REALLY helpful!
>
> Also, I need to compile and copy over all new vlink binaries...
>
> Does anybody know a shell command I can use to copy over the data in all
> my current .gdbm files to their respective .txt files in one shot?

No shell command that I know of, but you can just do:

    [loop list="[list-databases]"]
	    Export [loop-code]:
	    [seti foo][export [loop-code]][/seti]
	    [if scratch foo]OK[/if]<br>
	    [set foo][/set]
    [/loop]

in an Interchange page. Bear in mind, that will export *every* table,
and if you have large files you may instead want to do:

    [loop list="access locale mv_metadata survey variable"]

Mike Heins

The tenor's voice is spoilt by affectation,
 And for the bass, the beast can only bellow;
In fact, he had no singing education,
 An ignorant, noteless, timeless, tuneless fellow. -- Lord Byron