[ic] perl and ubuntu 8.04 AMD64

Ron Phipps ron at endpoint.com
Fri May 9 17:13:30 UTC 2008

Rick Bragg wrote:
>>> Mumble mumble ... ennglish lunguage is very very so hardest for me, do
>>> you remember "apex" ? (-:
>>> What is SELINUX ? Is it the worse distribution ?
>> SELinux isn't commonly used on Ubuntu. Marco, look in / and if you don't
>> have an selinux directory, I don't think you could be running it.
>> Ubuntu may have AppArmor, but I haven't had trouble with that because I
>> think it's more selectively applied.
>> Also, yesterday I said to Rick:
>>> ./Configure -des -Dlibpth="/usr/local/lib64 /lib64 /usr/lib64"
>> That is actually for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora, which use multilib to allow both
>> 64- and 32-bit libraries without a chroot. On Ubuntu, which is based on
>> Debian, they only use a single lib/ directory, so you should be able to do
>> simply:
>> ./Configure -des
>> As on a 32-bit system.
>> Jon
> Thanks this is REALLY helpful!
> Also, I need to compile and copy over all new vlink binaries...
> Does anybody know a shell command I can use to copy over the data in all
> my current .gdbm files to their respective .txt files in one shot?
> Thanks again
> rick

Hi Rick,

What I normally do is build an IC page with the contents:

[tmp tables]access locale[/tmp]

[loop list="[scratch tables]"]
[loop-code]: [export table="[loop-code]"]<br>

Set the tables scratch to all of the gdbm/db files you have, then access the page, it will export them to the default .txt/.asc files.

Ron Phipps
End Point Corporation
ron at endpoint.com