[ic] error for login user

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sun May 18 12:40:55 UTC 2008

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Darnell Hudson wrote:

> Here is an error I found for creating an account
>
>    table userdb: set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI:
>    DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: null value in column "password"
>    violates not-null constraint at
>    /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1337.
>    fields=username,inactive values='bigd43',''''''

I think this is a side-effect of the way userdb is creating the row. I've
had this happen in a stock Standard demo. Even though a password was
specified, the Interchange database abstraction layer creates an empty row
(except primary key) first, then populates it.

This really should be fixed.

But if you just want to get going, you can remove the NOT NULL constraint
on the password field for now. Connect to your database in psql and do:

alter table userdb alter column password drop not null;

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation