[ic] Discount an item to zero?

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Thu May 22 21:34:32 UTC 2008

Dan Bergan writes:

> I am trying to discount an item to zero (with a coupon code).  The
> discount tag is working fine in all cases except when I try to set the
> price to zero.
>
> Am I missing something, or can I not set a product to be free using
> the discount tag?
>
> [discount code="[scratch discount_item]" interpolate=1][calc][scratch
> discount]*$q[/calc][/discount]

 - Do you get any error messages in any logs?
 - If you print [scratch discount_item]  and [scratch discount] above the
[discount] tag, does it show the values you expect?
 - Have you tried to just use Perl instead of the [calc] block?

[discount code="[scratch discount_item]"]
return $Scratch->{discount} * $q;
[/discount]

CU,

Gert