[ic] mv_order_subject won't set in log_transaction IC 5.6.0

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Nov 2 21:54:02 UTC 2008

Quoting IC (ic at tvcables.co.uk):
> Hi folks,
>
> In interchange 5.6.0 I have found it impossible to set mv_order_subject in
> log_transaction. I found a post on the list (link at bottom) from Mike Heins
> that referred to a similar problem with mv_order_number, in order to be able
> to set mv_order_subject in log_transaction or on a checkout page using an
> <input type hidden> I have had to add this to order.pm
>
> 		if($Vend::Session->{mv_order_subject}) {
> 			$value_save->{mv_order_subject} =
> 				$::Values->{mv_order_subject} =
> 					$Vend::Session->{mv_order_subject};
> 		}
>
> Is this the most appropriate way to fix this?

Not in my opinion. You shouldn't need to do it in log_transaction. I do
this type of thing myself, but I do it in the order profile where the
values are normally accessible. I leave the %n in there to insert the
order number.

It might make some sense to have a better way in general to manipulate
the order subject, but I think that I would prefer to make the mechanism
better if we were to change it at all. For example, make the order report
be a separate route -- which you could do right now, in fact.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make
a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 12. -- Dave Barry