[ic] Mall revisited - userDB or affiliateDB

Music music at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Nov 5 00:21:29 UTC 2008

I am re-visiting the idea of a mall type website.

The basic idea is to provide shopping carts for clients who only have a
couple of items to sell and who do not need a full IC catalogue.

A user (seller) will be able to log in to a limited admin UI and be able to
add products.

I will then need IC to be able to display products exclusive to a specific
user (seller). I also envisage specific content and various variables loaded
based on the seller's preferences.

Before getting started on this project my fundamental question is: should I
use the userDB for registering (authorising) sellers and saving seller
preferences or would it actually make sense to register sellers as
affiliates?