[ic] Price Field, Matrix options, more info

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Nov 20 03:28:50 UTC 2008

On 11/19/2008 06:32 PM, tom at readyink.com wrote:
> I am on the digest and can not reply to individual messages.
>
> So I should add the line
>
> Options Matrix map { price => 'mypricefield' }
>
> into catalog.cfg, using my price field ?

OK, that was untested.  Try this instead:
Options Matrix map <<EOM
{
	price => 'mypricefield',
}
EOM

> That didn't generate any errors or warnings but didn't do anything either.
>
> I need to be able to change currencies pn the fly, so maybe if I had PERL
> code to do this it might be better, assuming this can be done at all.

Yes, but it only works for the current page, so you have to set it at
the beginning of every page you want or you can use an AutoLoad
directive to set it at the beginning of every page that IC loads:

[calcn]
$Config->{Options_repository}{Matrix}{map}{price} = 'mypricefield';
return;
[/calcn]

Also see: http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/Autoload.html

Peter