[ic] Quantity Price Break

Greg Hanson greg at perusion.com
Thu Nov 27 15:01:47 UTC 2008

kerry wrote:

>>> Using mysql
>>>

>> It has been awhile since I did this, but I just add new fields to my mysql
>> database
>>
> This looks like the catalog.cfg which is what I originally changed. But,
> apply change did not make the fields available in the pricing.txt table.

If you are making the changes in MySql, then you will need to export the
table from IC in order to make the changes visible in pricing.txt.
> Plus if I add it to the pricing table and try to import the table, I get
> the errors mentioned earlier. I also tried adding the definitions to the
> pricing.mysql file.

If you make the changes in Mysql, then you do not *have* to change
pricing.mysql. You just need to make the changes in Mysql, then restart
or apply changes (either will work), then use Export from IC in tables
area. That will get you from database to text and "make the fields
available" in pricing.txt.

If you want to make the changes in pricing.mysql, and go from text to
database, then make changes in

dbconf/mysql/pricing.mysql,

AND in

products/pricing.txt

then remove

products/.pricing.sql

and restart (either restart or apply changes will work).  That will
rebuild the table in Mysql from the text file.

All this is in 5.6.1

I am not sure if both apply changes or restart will work in earlier
versions.

--
Greg Hanson
Interchange Consulting

Email		greg at perusion.com
Phone		208-667-2442
Toll Free	800-949-1889
Fax		775-256-2231
Web		http://www.perusion.com

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently equipped fool