[ic] Quantity Price Break

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Nov 30 15:25:24 UTC 2008

Quoting kerry (kerry at basicq.com):

> >> This looks like the catalog.cfg which is what I originally changed. But,
> >> apply change did not make the fields available in the pricing.txt table.
> >>

> > If you are making the changes in MySql, then you will need to export the
> > table from IC in order to make the changes visible in pricing.txt.
> >> Plus if I add it to the pricing table and try to import the table, I get
> >> the errors mentioned earlier. I also tried adding the definitions to the
> >> pricing.mysql file.
> >
> > If you make the changes in Mysql, then you do not *have* to change
> > pricing.mysql. You just need to make the changes in Mysql, then restart
> > or apply changes (either will work), then use Export from IC in tables
> > area. That will get you from database to text and "make the fields
> > available" in pricing.txt.
> >
> > If you want to make the changes in pricing.mysql, and go from text to
> > database, then make changes in
> >
> > dbconf/mysql/pricing.mysql,
> >
> > AND in
> >
> > products/pricing.txt
> >
> > then remove
> >
> > products/.pricing.sql
>
> I do not seem to have access to this file as I am working remote.

> I am
> using 5.6.1
> Is there a way to add the extra q & w price breaks to the files I have
> access to from a remote server?

"From a remote server"? What precisely do you mean by that?

You can add them simply by importing a new text file with those columns.
That is just one way. If you upload a new dbconf/mysql/pricing.mysql
file with the column types, you can set those that way. The default
type will actually work OK.

> I did change catalog.cfg and applied
> change, but this did not change what was in the mysql database.

It is pretty hard to develop on Interchange without SSH access.
Another way to add a column is with the Direct SQL feature in
the database editor area:

   alter table pricing add column q12 varchar(16)

Make sure you "Apply Changes".

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman