[ic] IC 5.6.0 fresh install : catalog loose MysQL...

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Tue Oct 21 00:02:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 16:52 +0200, David Bordas wrote:
> > Did you copy over your products/ directory as-is?
> >
> > Some tables are always kept in GDBM, including variable.txt where
> > MySQL connection settings are defined.
> >
> > If you have copied *.gdbm files over to the new server and the
> > system architecture does not match, IC will see dbm files there and
> > try to open them, but will not succeed (due to binary format
> > incompatibility).
> >
> > So what you should do is delete all *dbm files in products/ to
> > cause their regeneration; and then see if it works.
> >
> > cd CATALOG
> > rm products/*dbm
> > interchange -r
> >

> > Cya,
> > -doc
> >

> Hi davor,
>
> Thank you, you are right !
> I've copied my products directory as-is.
> Removing *dbm have solved my issue.
>
> Thank you again.
> David.

Be carefull about the admin login,
I usually do:
rm products/*.gdbm
rm products/.*.sql
then copy back the admin login with:
cp -p ../../old-catalog/products/access.gdbm products/.

This preserves the old admin logins and permissions!
remember, that access.txt does not export by default.

rick

believed to be clean.