[ic] Errors with flex_editor and products directory

Justin Otten JustinO at fragrancenet.com
Thu Oct 23 18:40:02 UTC 2008

Rick Bragg said:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know when it happened, but for some reason, I can't update any
> data through the admin interface.  Whenever I go to change
> anything in a
> table via the admin interface, I get the following error:
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action.
> Please report
> the error or try again later. (Cannot open database text source
> file /var/www/www.website.com/catalog/products/COLUMN_DEF: No
> such file
> or directory )
>
> Nothing in the IC or Catalog error logs;
> The products directory looks fine, permissions etc...
>
> Any ideas? What I should check?
>
> Thanks
> Rick

Rick,

Everytime I have had this problem, it has been a typo in the .mysql
files for a new created table.
Usually a typo in the table name itself.

Everytime I see this error, it's the firsr place I look.

	Example (locale.mysql):
	Database	locale	locale.txt	__SQLDNS__
	Database	locale	KEY		code
	Database	locael	COLUMN_DEF	"code=varchar(255)
primary key"

In this example, line #3 has a typo in the table name, IC thinks it's a
new definition for a new table, but it knows nothing of how to connect
to it.

Regards,
Justin Otten
FragranceNet.com
justino at fragrancenet.com <mailto:justino at fragrancenet.com>
ph: 631-582-5204 ext 812
fax: 631-582-8433

FragranceNet.com
Online Since 1997, Over 8,000 Genuine Brand Name
Fragrances, Skincare, Haircare, Candles, Aromatherapy & more...

** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail **