[ic] Large tables cause Internal Server Error?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Sep 1 23:59:55 UTC 2008

Quoting IC (ic at tvcables.co.uk):
> Hi folks,
>
> I just tried to import my old transactions, userb and orderline tables into
> a new IC 5.6 install but when I click the table from the table manager I get
> a 500 Internal server error. The rest of the install and catalog seem fine.
>
> Nothing appears in the catalog or interchange log, in the apache log I see:-
>
> [Mon Sep 01 20:33:26 2008] [error] [client 81.86.xxx.xxx] Premature end of
> script headers: prosignal, referer:
> http://www.prosignal.co.uk/cgi-bin/prosignal/admin/gentable.html?id=h37srhKm
> &mv_pc=40
>
> The table looks fine in PHPMyadmin, if I reduce the table size by just
> inserting a few rows everything works fine, as soon as I import the whole
> table I get the same problem.

This commonly happens when moving from Postgres to MySQL, because
Postgres is case-sensitive by default while MySQL is not. Also, if
you have done a text export you can have CR/LF issues in fields, expecially
if Microsoft Excel has had its hands on the data.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

Find the grain of truth in criticism, chew it, and swallow
it. -- anonymous