[ic] Changing URL format for args?

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Tue Sep 2 16:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi all,

   I've been a minivend/interchange user for a while, but always
   wondered...  Is there a way to change the format of the URLs used
   by interchange?

   Right now I have a URL that looks like

      http://www.example.com/catalog/browse?4tZj4b7W;widgets

   I'd like to pass more information within the URL to indicate that
   only widgets starting with A-C should be displayed, so I can do:

      http://www.example.com/catalog/browse?4tZj4b7W;widgets--a-c

   I access it via [data session arg] which returns 'widgets--a-c'.

   This is getting clunky and users complain that they can't remember
   the URL to get to the products.  I'd rather have something in the
   form of

      http://www.example.com/catalog/browse/widgets/a-c/?4tZj4b7W

   Is this possible with interchange?

Thanks!

Chris (who's getting back into it after a multi-year hiatus)