[ic] Changing URL format for args?

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Tue Sep 2 16:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi all,

   I've been a minivend/interchange user for a while, but always
   wondered...  Is there a way to change the format of the URLs used
   by interchange?

   Right now I have a URL that looks like

   I'd like to pass more information within the URL to indicate that
   only widgets starting with A-C should be displayed, so I can do:

   I access it via [data session arg] which returns 'widgets--a-c'.

   This is getting clunky and users complain that they can't remember
   the URL to get to the products.  I'd rather have something in the
   form of

   Is this possible with interchange?

Chris (who's getting back into it after a multi-year hiatus)