[ic] IC 5.6.0 only working with socketperms 666

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Wed Sep 3 13:17:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:21:27 +0100
"IC" <ic at tvcables.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Just installed a new 5.6.0 to /usr/local/interchange
>
> The process is running fine with user interch.
>
> I have made a foundation catalog at /home/user/catalogs/catalog with
> catalog user called user.
>
> I can only get it to work with SocketPerms set to 666, I know this is
> a permissions problem but I cannot get it going.
>
> I have tried various combinations of user and group on the link
> program in the cgi-bin to no avail.

By default, IC socket file is owned by user who is running Interchange,
and is chmod 600.

All you have to do is make the cgi link program run as that user.

So, if it's a vhost, you can define User and Group options in apache
config, and then the link program will run as that user.

If it's not, you can use Apache's suexec, and chown link program to
Interchange, and set suid bit on it. But read more on suexec on apache
documentation pages, because it has a whole set of rules before it
will suid the program.

-doc