[ic] IC 5.6.0 only working with socketperms 666

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 09:52:51 UTC 2008

You can change User and Group per-vhost.

Add or replace User and Group lines in the specific vhost (in the
file or configuration block where it is defined), and
leave the default as it was.

-doc

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the replies yesterday, it suddenly clicked in the middle of the
night how to sort this out, I'll write briefly how I did it in case it helps
anyone else with suexec problems.

I changed the vhost apache user/group to interch interch in httpd.conf and
then made sure the appropriate files were owned by interch, link and catalog
files etc Important to only change the vhost entry in http.conf for the
particular domain, this is where I went wrong first time.

If the ownerships are wrong it shows in the suexec_log as:-

target uid/gid  mismatch with directory or program or trusted user

Whilst attempting to view catalog pages I looked at the end of the log:-

tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log

Once the ownerships were corrected everything started to work perfectly.

Andy.