[ic] how do I stop Google from trying to index scan pages?

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Thu Sep 18 22:37:59 UTC 2008

>> We should at least put that into standard.
>
> Mine currently bounces to the index page, but something more appropriate
> would be to create a special page for it that says something like, "You
> have reached a product that has been discontinued...".
>
> Peter

I think we had a discussion about this at one time.
Personally, I prefer the item to show on the flypage with a message that is
is no longer available, and suggest a replacement item.
Plus, if this specific url to the discontinued item is in the Google
database, it will remain an active link - sometimes good for advertising.

I had not heard of the Hide_Field to so I adjusted my search results pages
to not include inactive items, but I do allow the item to show as above.

Steve