[ic] starting questions

Carl Bailey carl at endpoint.com
Mon Apr 6 16:55:01 UTC 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:40 AM, sim wrote:

> {I sent this to the list a week ago and got a message back that the
> subject looked like spam and would be looked at by an admin, but it
> never got sent.}
>
> Hi I'm new (or re-new, as I used IC for a small project about 10 years
> ago) to Interchange and I was wondering if:
>
> a) Are there any recent reviews/comparisons of IC and other similar
> systems (either open source or not)?

We did a comparison recently for an in-house annual meeting.  I hope
to be able to publish the results to our blog soon, and will announce
here when we have done so.  In short, IC compares favorably, but some
features listed as "out of the box" by others are not implemented in
the standard IC demo.  With only a few exceptions, these can be
implemented easily enough by a competent developer.

> b) Is there a searchable archive of the mailing list?
> c) The application I'm planning is a web-store with over 2 million
> products in the catalog and monthly update  and daily stock update
> files. Is there any reason why IC would not be appropriate for this?
> (I'm planning on using a dedicated server)

We have customers running on a dedicated server with catalogs of this
size, so it should be quite possible.

> d) Does anyone know any IC projects being done in Israel?
>
> Thank you
> Sim Zacks

Regards,

Carl