[ic] Interchange color/size/etc options.

Adam Lambert adam at khouse.org
Tue Apr 7 22:45:15 UTC 2009

Steve Graham wrote:
>>    Can anyone point me at a tutorial/howto (or just explain it to me in
>> such a way) that will CLEARLY explain what needs to be done to setup an
>> item to have size/color attributes?   I have spent hours digesting
>> results of google queries on the topic, and am more confused/clueless
>> now than I was when I started.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>> Adam Lambert
>>

> I would suggest adding a simple option just to get started.
>
> You can have multiple simple options on each item.
>
> A simple option for size
> another option for color
>
> http://demo.icdevgroup.org/demo1/
>
> u: demo
> p: demo
>
> <assuming you already have a basic item created>
>
> click items
> then click on a specific item you want an option
> click the options tab
> click simple option button
> enter a name  (this is internal name, no spaces or -, underscore is ok )
> enter a label (displayed to customer, spaces ok)
> (past into large text box:)
> S1=Size 1*
> S2=Size 2
> S3=Size 3
> click create option
> the option is created and shown on the left of the page now.
> click edit price differential
> (past in text box)
> S2=2.00
> S3=-1.50
> click ok, then test it out in your catalog.
>
> you can create several options for each item, and add price modifiers for
> options selected.
> Put an * after the option value you want to be the default
>
> Should get you going with simple options, try it on the demo site.

    See, now this is more like what I was expecting.  Unfortunately, for
whatever reason, I don't get any of that on my install of Interchange
here.  Once I go the "Options" tab, it says "Select option type and/or
enable options", and then the following list with radio buttons:

No Options
Simple Options
Matrix Options, one widget
Matrix Options, separate widgets
Modular Options

    There is also an "Update" button.   I can click whatever I want for
a radio button, and then click "update", and as far as I can tell,
nothing ever happens.   There is no option to enter name/label/etc.

Anyone have any help they can offer?

Thanks,

--
Adam Lambert