[ic] Interchange color/size/etc options.

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Wed Apr 8 21:58:00 UTC 2009

>    Yes, it is a "live" catalog, I don't have a test one.  The error.log
> with debug on is where I've been getting the error data from.
>
>    Side note --- I gave up on getting the admin interface working, and
> just INSERT'ed a color option into the options table, copying from the
> demo database.  The option shows up as expected in the admin interface
> once done.   However, I get zero indication anywhere in the store that
> there is any "options" for it at all (in other words, the user never
> gets asked anything picking the color).     Let me guess, I have to
> write a bunch of ITL into my pages to make it work?   :(
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Adam Lambert

For starters
Check catalog.cfg for this:
OptionsEnable option_type

Check your products database for the field option_type

Each item should have Simple, or Matrix or Null in this field to enable the
code in flypage.html etc...

The ITL should already be in the default catalog.
Start with  flypage.html for .....
then your shopping cart, and checkout pages, email receipts...
It really depends on how your code displays the items on the web site, it
could be completely custom, but not too difficult to add.

The code in the standard catalog has not changed much, it should give the
necessary clues on how to render the information.

Steve