[ic] Search Problem

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeinternet.com
Wed Apr 15 06:51:45 UTC 2009

Hello again,

This a follow-up to my earlier email regarding the search issue when trying
to limit the display of certain products in Interchange searches. I put
together the following one-click search link so you could easily see what is
happening.

http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo4/scan/st=db/co=yes/fi=products/tf=category
%2Ctitle/su=yes/sf=dl_location/se=1/op=%3D%3D/nu=1/sf=title%2Cdescription%2C
comment/se=tool/op=rm/nu=0

The dl_location field is empty for all products in the demo catalog. As you
can see, three products are being displayed.

When you remove the second search, no results are returned, which is what
would be expected.

http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo4/scan/st=db/co=yes/fi=products/tf=category
%2Ctitle/su=yes/sf=dl_location/se=1/op=%3D%3D/nu=1

My next idea is to set a session value in the template for all users and
then try to limit the display with the TableRestrict directive. The stacked
search is certainly more flexible though.

Thanks,
Cameron