[ic] SSL Extended Validation

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Apr 15 17:04:07 UTC 2009

From: "Steve Graham" <icdev at mrlock.com>
>> I don't really think enough users really know what it is, or understand
>> what
>> it means versus them probably just being aware of the "lock" in general.
>> I'd
>> say there is zero down side to not using it ATM.
>>
>> Paul Jordan
>>

> That is what I was thinking, but Comodo is offering EV SSL 2 year for
> $359.00 - looks like a pretty good deal.
> I have never used Comodo.... any thoughts...
>
> Used Verisign originally, then switched to Geotrust.
>
> Steve

I used to use Comodo all the time, and there were no issues at all, in fact,
good company. IIRC at the time they had chained root certs - don't know if
that has changed now. I don't use them anymore only because I have found
cheaper, non chained certs.

HTH

Paul Jordan

  Gish Network > For print, web, and life.
  t.626.275.2517   f.866.401.2657
  Design & Programming | www.gishnetwork.com
  Event Photography | www.voirvenir.com