[ic] Additional database - readonly

Carl Bailey carl at endpoint.com
Sat Apr 18 16:52:51 UTC 2009

On Apr 18, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Rick Bragg wrote:

> How would I add a second database to my IC stores?  I just want to be
> able to select a field from an outside database table where the IC
> catalog owners can't write to this table.
>
> thanks!
> rick

Rick,

Just define the database in catalog.cfg with a different DSN.

Normally you see something like this:
mytable        mytable.txt              __SQLDSN__
where __SQLDSN__ is defined in variables.txt.
But you can specify an alternate explicitly
othertable     othertable.txt           dbi:mysql:dbname:hostname

Then of course you need to make sure that your user has proper access
to the other database.

I hoe this helps.

Regards,
Carl