[ic] Comodo is attempting to spam this list with fake renewal notices

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Tue Apr 21 19:52:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 11:41 -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Comodo Group, sellers of SSL certs, is attempting to spam this mail list with
> fake renewal notices. They are apparently using off-target email appending
> as the address method, as there would be no other way to associate this
> list with the domain they were targeting it for.
>
> This is not trustworthy activity, and I recommend that anyone currently
> using Comodo for services consider this when deciding to renew. I have
> purchased from them in the past, and now regret it. I personally will do
> no further business with them.
>
> --
> Mike Heins
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>
>
> An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
> practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown

I am about to purchase 2 new certs, renew 1, and then purchase 2 or 3
more in the next month.  and I currently use Comodo.  I will switch.
Any more suggestions?  I would like as much info as possible before I
purchase so I can research.  I don't mind chained certs, I just want a
good price and a solid service.

Thanks for this info!
Rick

believed to be clean.