[ic] Call for testers

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Wed Apr 29 14:27:20 UTC 2009

On Apr 29, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Jon Jensen wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>
>> The most recent change bails out with:
>>
>> Unrecognized/unsupported MV_HTTP_CHARSET: 'utf-8'.
>> ulisses config error: Unrecognized/unsupported MV_HTTP_CHARSET:
>> 'utf-8'.
>>
>> Any idea why?
>
> Wild guess, but have you tried "utf8" instead of "utf-8"? They're
> not the
> same in Perl. But if you were using "utf-8" before and it worked, I
> don't
> know.

No, this definitely is a regression.  I suspect this may be due to the
Global::UTF8 variable logic introduced when I merged upstream CVS, but
I'll have to hunt it down to be sure.  Either utf-8 or utf8 are
acceptable here, one gets resolved to "strict" utf8, but both are
valid.  (And any aliasable encoding works here; this message is what
appears when we can't resolve the alias.  (An artifact of require/
import vs use, perhaps?)

Regards,

David
--