[ic] Refunds via [charge]

Chris Kershaw chris at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 3 21:16:00 UTC 2009

Grant wrote:
> Thanks Chris and Lyn.
>
> Chris, as for the credit amount not being over the original charge
> amount, are you sure that's an Authorize.net limitation and not one
> imposed by the merchant account?  I have the same restriction on my
> Authorize.net account and I thought it was imposed by my merchant
> account.  I know there's a paper you can fill out to remove that
> limitation.
>
> I noticed there doesn't seem to be an entry for the last 4 digits in
> your snippet above.  Is that meant to be set to mv_credit_card_number?
>
> How many files did you modify to make this work?  I'd love to have the
> same functionality.
>
> - Grant

Hi Grant,

You may be correct about the charge amount limitation. Those
requirements were taken directly from the Authorize developers guide
here: http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf. I took steps to
ensure the amount supplied to the payment gateway was less than the
original charge amount. All in all I created/changed about 7 files. They
are:

process_order_rebate.tag - > new usertag to pass information to the
charge tag
pages/admin/rebate_entry.html
etc/log_transaction
etc/log_entry
etc/log_rebate -> new file
transactions table -> added 2 columns for credit card number(last 4
digits) and expiration
etc/profiles.order

Sorry about not stating how the credit card info was supplied. Yes, you
are correct, it is meant to be supplied from mv_credit_card_number. The
rebate entry screen created has all this information which populates the
Values hash.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Kershaw