[ic] Refunds via [charge]

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:45:06 UTC 2009

>> Thanks Chris and Lyn.
>>
>> Chris, as for the credit amount not being over the original charge
>> amount, are you sure that's an Authorize.net limitation and not one
>> imposed by the merchant account?  I have the same restriction on my
>> Authorize.net account and I thought it was imposed by my merchant
>> account.  I know there's a paper you can fill out to remove that
>> limitation.
>>
>> I noticed there doesn't seem to be an entry for the last 4 digits in
>> your snippet above.  Is that meant to be set to mv_credit_card_number?
>>
>> How many files did you modify to make this work?  I'd love to have the
>> same functionality.
>>
>> - Grant

> Hi Grant,
>
> You may be correct about the charge amount limitation. Those
> requirements were taken directly from the Authorize developers guide
> here: http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf. I took steps to
> ensure the amount supplied to the payment gateway was less than the
> original charge amount. All in all I created/changed about 7 files. They
> are:
>
> process_order_rebate.tag - > new usertag to pass information to the
> charge tag
> pages/admin/rebate_entry.html
> etc/log_transaction
> etc/log_entry
> etc/log_rebate -> new file
> transactions table -> added 2 columns for credit card number(last 4
> digits) and expiration
> etc/profiles.order
>
> Sorry about not stating how the credit card info was supplied. Yes, you
> are correct, it is meant to be supplied from mv_credit_card_number. The
> rebate entry screen created has all this information which populates the
> Values hash.
>
> Let me know if I can provide any other info.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

There is no modification to AuthorizeNet.pm or the charge tag?  I
should be able to do something like this as long as
mv_credit_card_number is set to the last 4 digits?

[charge gateway="authorizenet" id="myid" secret="mysecret"
transaction="credit" orderid="myorderid" auth_code="myauthcode"]

What is an auth_code?

Thanks,
Grant