[ic] Does IC install extra stuff?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:36:55 UTC 2009

>> during
>> stuff
>> this
>> >
>> > Install all the required and optional perl modules that IC uses
>> before
>> > you install IC.  All of the modules are listed in
>> > Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink.
>> >

>> > Peter
>>
>> I should have been more clear.  I did exactly what you said, I
>> installed each of the dependencies before installing IC and said 'no'
>> to IC's prereq/bundle questions.  It still looked like IC was
>> downloading a bunch of stuff.  Is there a way to figure out what files
>> were installed?
>
> Is there perhaps anything more under your interchange/lib directory further
> than lib/Vend and lib/UI  ?
>
> CU,
>
> Gert

Yes, I ended up with a lot:

# ls /usr/local/interchange/lib
Bundle    DBI.pm  HTTP        LWP.pm  Parse        Storable.pm  Vend
dbixs_rev.pl    lwptut.pod
Business  Digest  Image       MIME    Roadmap.pod  TASKS.pod    WWW
hints.pl        perllocal.pod
DBD       File    IniConf.pm  Net     Set          Term         Win32
install_lsb.pl  relocate.pl
DBI       HTML    LWP         OLE     Spreadsheet  UI           auto
lwpcook.pod

Is that a whole slew of perl modules?  Will IC use those instead of
the ones I installed into the system via portage?

- Grant