[ic] ups-query problem.

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Sun Aug 16 13:13:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 12:57 -0500, Steve Graham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the following ups-query tag:
> >
> > [ups-query
> >    weight=5
> >    origin=05404
> >    zip=90210
> >    country=US
> >    mode=GNDRES
> > ]
> >
> > This returns $10.29.
> >
> > However, when I look up the same on the UPS website, I get the
> > following:
> >
> > UPS Ground:      13.56 USD
> > Fuel Surcharge:   0.47  USD
> > Total:           14.03 USD
> >
> > Seems the farther the distance, and faster the method I use, the bigger
> > the spread, ouch!  Creating code to try do compensate for this is just a
> > bad idea.  It will pretty much never be right.
> >
> > This has actually been a long time problem as far as I can tell, but I
> > never really needed to use this until now.
> >
> > Is ups-query no longer used? What is going on with this?  Anybody?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rick
> >

> Did you look in the ups_cache table to see If there are old values stored?
>
> Steve

Hi,

I just emptied the ups_cache table, and it created the following new row
again with $10.29.

code 	weight 	origin 	zip 	country 	shipmode 	cost 	updated
1 	5 	05404 	90210 	US 	GNDRES 	10.29 	1250427373

Checking again at the UPS website today with their on-line calculator, I
get the following price for the same Ground Residential shipment:

UPS Ground   	 13.56 USD
Fuel Surcharge
	0.47  USD
Charges Per Package 	14.03 USD