[ic] Encode Woes

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Aug 28 13:58:26 UTC 2009

On Aug 28, 2009, at 6:08 AM, Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> Hello,
> even with current software I get encode errors as fllows:
> yar5ToG2:ulisses ulisses [28/August/2009:13:05:48
> +0200] ulisses ulisses.icdev.de/cgi-bin/ulisses/index Safe: Attempt
> to reload Encode.pm aborted.
>> Compilation failed in require at /home/interchange/perl/lib/5.10.1/
>> x86_64-linux/Encode/Alias.pm line 22.
>> $Variable->{SKU} = 'AEG3203';
>> $Tag->component('image_view_link');
> This is Perl 5.10.1 from source, compiled without threads and
> Interchange from Git.
> Any suggestions?

My guess is that this is some specific runtime require that's not
being caught in the Vend::Safe initialization that does the other
Encode/UTF8 stuff.  We may need to figure out what's causing the
delayed load, and if there is something we can do to trigger the
require at Safe setup time.  I haven't looked at 5.10.1 yet, so I may
get a chance to do that today.

What are the settings you currently have WRT charsets, utf8, etc?

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com