[ic] Swish search with wildcard

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Dec 9 08:03:52 UTC 2009

Don't know much about Swish, but lib/Vend/Swish.pm has the following:
my @su = @{$s->{mv_substring_match}};

And then a bit later it has:
#                       if ($su[$i]) {
#                               push (@{$specs_by_group[$group[$i]]},
["*$pats->[$i]", $s->{mv_orsearch}->[$i]]);
#                       } else {
                                push (@{$specs_by_group[$group[$i]]},
[$pats->[$i], $s->{mv_orsearch}->[$i]]);

Further to that @su is not being used in Swish.pm from what I can tell ...

Perhaps there is a different solution with Swish to be able to do wildcard
matches?
Anybody with more Swish knowledge hopefully know this.

CU,

Gert