[ic] Can't locate object method "default_charset" via package "Vend::CharSet"

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Sun Feb 15 23:46:30 UTC 2009

I was getting this message in my log files whenever a person hit a
members only page when they were not logged in...

Can't locate object method "default_charset" via package "Vend::CharSet"

I tracked it down to the PAGE_INIT variable, specifically, this line....

        $Tag->deliver({ location => $Tag->area('account/login')});

I found out that if I put that statement inside a perl block, it works.
However, that statement is contained within a [calc][/calc] block then
the error occurs.

I tried to set the variable....

Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET ISO-8859-1

but that did not remove the error.

I've replaced my calc tags with perl tags and all is well.  But I
thought  I would pass this on just in case anyone else sees it.

--
Marty Tennison                     DripDepot.com